Savoring Up

Rest. Be. Be at rest.  I'm practicing that last sentence with two weeks off of the day job, and plenty of time to lay on the bed drinking Bubly and watching this adorably sweet Korean drama.  Yes, you read that correctly: I'm totally addicted to this Netflix series Crash Landing Onto You, with the all-essential subtitles.  Go watch it, and you can be oddly enticed too. 



So much of life is hustle and bustle. Be on. Get your hours in. Make the effort. Pay the bills.  Reach out. Cook healthy.  Don't forget to exercise! Wait, the CRV's oil needs to be changed. Buy those Christmas gift and bake those goodies.  I think I have a cavity.  Think rightly, and don't take things personally.  Etc. Etc. Etc...  

There have been so many days I seriously have wished I could just go back to reading the Boxcar Children and playing with my American Girl doll.  I've felt so disillusioned with this whole adulting thing lately.  The week before Christmas I stood in my bathroom seriously bemoaning how life was constantly a state of hard...#burntout. 

Yet, here I am, savoring that delightful post-Christmas, every-day-feels-like-Saturday, I'm-home-with-my-people kinda feeling.  Daddy has the football game on, Mom's on the treadmill, and Lauren made her best-in-the-world bread for dinner tonight.  My favorite Christmas present is diffusing lavender water around room, and I'm excited because there is peppermint ice cream downstairs in the freezer.  Deliciously rested and content. 

Life won't stay this cozy.  Yet this break reminds me that neither will it continue constantly strained.  God's calling on our days varies as does what our stewardship of them looks like.  In another week, it will be time to get back to being on my own, recruiting and onboarding, homemaking and roommating, and the adventure of implementing goals for 27 and 2020.  (More on that later).  But right now, I'm thankful that wise stewardship means a vanilla candle, soft slippers, a mystery set in the English countryside, and a long winter's nap. 

What are you savoring up these days? 

Comments

Popular Posts