All I Have Needed

The other evening something exciting happened.  I got a washer and dryer.  Ok, I guess I am officially an adult now if I am pumped about that.  However, the fact that I no longer have to carry loads of laundry down the hill to my apartment complex's communal mat; oh and then try to trick the soda machine into exchanging my overabundance of dimes and nickels into $1.75 in quarters per load is a BLESSING!!! (All caps is appropriate I assure you.)




After my friends who helped unload and set up the washer and dryer left, I sat down to eat my popcorn and M&M dinner-lower your eyebrows please-and I looked around my apartment.

My heart smiled.

There was the couch, end tables, chest, and kitchen table from my Mimi and Barkie.  I was sitting on one of my parent's antique dining room chairs, looking at a living room lit by lamps that I grew up with.  Hanging from the window were the soft, sheer curtains my tall friend helped me put up the week before.  In my room, spread across the bed, was the the definition of bright and beautiful, a pink quilt that my coworker would not let me pay her for.   And now in the laundry room, was a washer and dryer that the guy who was getting rid of them drove an hour and 20 minutes to deliver.

That night in the car, I sang the old hymn, "Great Is Thy Faithfulness."  I love the line: "All I have needed, Thy hand hath provided."

Sometimes, I think I know what I need, and I ask for it.  I will say that I love the relational aspect of answered prayer, asking something of my Father and then looking for and receiving the gift.  He is teaching me faith in that asking, even if the answer is a "no."

But I also smile, perhaps even more, at the unpredicted gifts He brings my way..the ones I did not know I needed.  Or, maybe it was the gift I wanted was not expecting at that moment in time.  Hello washer and dryer!

Whatever the case, the refrain He keeps orchestrating in my life these days, I must echo:

 "Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me." 




Comments

  1. Yay! What great things He has done! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts